Saturday, September 12, 2009

D23 Expo: Ariel's Adventure

So I really really really really really really wish I could be at the D23 expo in Anaheim this weekend - but alas, I cannot. I was pretty busy yesterday, so I've just started to follow what was going on there. A DisBoards/LJ friend brought this to my attention:

"Fans of Disney's animated classic, The Little Mermaid, will journey under the sea to meet Ariel and her friends on an exciting new musical adventure. This new attraction will take guests through beautifully rendered scenes featuring classic songs from the popular animated feature. The attraction will be part of the expanded Fantasyland that was announced at the D23 Expo on Saturday by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Jay Rasulo."

OMG YAAAAAAAY!!! I wonder if the attraction will bear any resemblance to the one they featured on the Platnium Edition DVD release of The Little Mermaid. Also, if you enlarge the picture, you'll notice that the concept art has two lines - one for Ariel's Adventure, and one for her grotto. So maybe it'll incorporate elements of the old 20,000 Leagues attraction. We shall see!

I may post more about the Expo soon, or just do my second info post. I will be updating a LOT for like three days, and then it will get less frequent as I will FINALLY leave for Kalamazoo on Wednesday! (Yup - haven't even started yet!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0